Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lower Loop Trail

Hmmm....should we walk this or not?


I don't really hike, I like to walk trails like this one...nice and smooth

I'm sure I took a picture of this when it was a flower this summer

I love to share a trail with my sweetie

Slate River valley with Paradise Divide in the background

Slate River Valley with Crested Butte in the background

The day started out cloudy and we knew rain was in the forecast but only about 30%. I was looking forward to walking the Lower Loop trail with Danny so he could help me figure out how to get to the Upper Lower Loop Trail which connects to it. I thought Hallie and I had walked to the end of the Lower Loop when we walked it this summer, but apparently we only went about halfway. Either we lost the trail somehow or got tired or both, who knows. Today Danny and I walked further than Hallie and I did and about the time we figured out where the trail would connect to the Upper Lower Loop, Danny turned around and saw rain behind us. The sprinkles started and we knew we had to turn back. I plan on tackling it again this summer now that I know which direction to go. We ate supper at the Firehouse Grill here on the mountain. It was good and quick. Danny has a fire started in the fireplace and we are settling in to enjoy our last night here.

No comments:

Post a Comment