Monday, July 9, 2012

Bike Path to Town

another visitor to the porch buffet

scenery along the Bike Path

walking the Bike Path













the town of Crested Butte





could not believe I found some Lupine. It bloomed really early this year





Dogs love to stop and have a romp in this body of water

Mariposa Lily...always excited to find these



a Magpie

The town of Mt. Crested Butte as seen from the Bike Path
Beautiful blue skies lured me out on a walk this morning. Without a vehicle my choices are limited but the Bike Path to town was certainly accessible. I rode the bus down to Pitchfork to access the path. It's mostly downhill and about 2 miles I think from Pitchfork. In years past, it has been a pretty good source for some pretty flowers, but I had to hunt around this year. As I was walking, I met a couple older than me, Betty and Steve, and chatted with them most of the way down. They are recent retirees to the area and she grew up in Spring, Texas but they moved here from Colorado Springs. Once I arrived in town I decided that surely it wouldn't be too difficult to walk back UP the bike path to the resort. I don't know where that thought came from, but I am happy to say that I DID it, but my feet almost fell off by the time I got back home. I do know that from town to the resort is 3 miles so I pretty much walked 3 miles uphill. I'm not sure I will ever do that again, but who knows. I might get a wild hair once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment