Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Sunday at Home

I sprinkled a little bird seed on our posts in the hopes of encouraging a little wildlife to visit...Success!

Our church here

Arrived pretty early. It wasn't long before EVERY chair was filled all the way out into the foyer

Farmer's Market

Rain Crow Farm

Beautiful Posy Bouquets

I always start down here on the sweets end of Mountain Oven

Crested Butte Cupcakes

My take home and it was yummy!

Gorgeous Flowers

lunch on the porch

welcoming the rain

Hail!!!

and the mountain disappears!

Amazing double rainbow after the rain

simply breathtaking

and all the way around to the other side
I rode the bus to our church, Oh Be Joyful, that's located in town. I arrived pretty early because of the bus schedule but this turned out to be a good thing because the place filled up really quick. They installed a monitor in the foyer so that all the extra people can take a chair there and see the service. We had a great service that began with the dedication of the pastor's grandson and taking Communion together. I really enjoy the music here and the pastor spoke on "listening" this week. After service, i walked into town to go to the Farmer's Market that meets every Sunday from 10-2. The rain was really threatening and I moved quickly among the booths. My favorite vendors are Rain Crow Farm which sells fresh flowers and veggies, Mountain Oven which sells homemade breads and sweets, and Crested Butte Cupcakes. I picked up a Zucchini, Feta, and Oregano Quiche from Mountain Oven, a Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake AND some beautiful flowers. I got everything home right before the rain started and was able to have a lovely picnic on the front porch. When the rain started, it actually brought hail first and then just pounding rain and lightening. I was so surprised to find a gorgeous double rainbow encircling the mountain after the rain moved on. It was breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment