Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wildflower Festival Batik Class

We started by drawing our image out on paper

then we mixed our colors...these are Hallie's

these are my colors

Hallie loves to have "art hands". This is funny to me because when she was little, she was terrified of paint on her hands.

The sign caught our attention first

then we saw the menu...interesting

so we tried it out for lunch

transferring our drawing to our fabric

Hallie's image









We had to leave the project at the shop to dry and received instructions for how to remove the wax after we took it home.
The Batik class that I took as part of the Wildflower Festival events was so much fun. It was even more fun because I took it with Hallie. The class was scheduled from 9-3 and for some reason I thought it was from 10-3. Imagine my surprise to get a phone call at 9:15 asking if we were coming!!! Thank goodness we were ready to go and literally ran right out the door. I was so glad that Danny had brought me his vehicle so we didn't have to wait on the bus. Gail Sovik was our instructor. I had taken a watercolor class with her earlier in the week and enjoyed working with her. Batik was a new medium for both Hallie and me and it was fun to learn something new together. We were a little disappointed that the wax was too hot and ran onto the fabric too fast, but this is the way you learn! We ate lunch at a new place in Crested Butte, Two Guys with Wieners. It was close to the class and we thought it would be pretty quick. They are all beef hot dogs and okay for a dog, but the biggest attraction is definately the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment