Monday, July 8, 2013

Oh Be Joyful Trail
















































































It was another beautiful day here in Crested Butte. I had mentioned to Danny that I would like to try a new trail and he took me at my word. I had heard of a trail called Oh Be Joyful that was a favorite with locals. Little did I know that this was a very....long....trail! The depth of a water crossing determined whether or not we could proceed and we were able to get across just fine. Danny watched another vehicle cross first just to be sure. We drove up as far as we could to avoid some of the uphill hiking time. We hiked for quite awhile (mostly uphill) with beautiful scenery before we stopped for lunch by a lovely waterfall. I was pretty much spent at this point, but we pushed on just a little further. I told Danny to leave me at one point as I could not go uphill one more step. He was only gone for a short time before he returned. He monitored our distance with an app on his phone on the way out. I think we were pretty surprised to find out we had walked a total of 6 miles!! We had a surprise on the way out when we met a horse tour. They told us to watch for a moose up ahead and we saw it eating among the trees. It was pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment