Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Woods Walk and a Bear

Walking through the Aspens















lunch anyone on this makeshift table







Daisies

a beautiful field of daisies

Prairie Smoke

















Monkeyflower











My buddies left early in the morning today. With a whole day ahead of me, I decided that I would take a walk on the Woods Walk since we were rained out a few days ago. There were several people out walking, running, and biking and the weather was great. It was sunny but breezy. When I would walk this path with Hallie, she would never let me go to the end. Today, I went to the end and discovered that this trail connects to the Lower Loop trail at the parking lot where I usually park for the Lower Loop trail. When I entered the trail, I took the path to the left. As I walked back, I decided to take the other trail to the exit. I stepped off the trail to let a biker pass as I stepped back on and walked a few steps, a brown bear stepped onto the trail a few feet in front of me. The bear heard my bear bell jingling and stopped and looked at me. Apparently I wasn't very exciting and it continued on across the trail and down the hill. It scared me half to death! I couldn't see the bear in the underbrush once it stepped off the trail so I backed up and took the other path out to the car. This was a first for me and not something I would like to repeat anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    The flower pictures are really beautiful.

    Jean Pierre

    ReplyDelete