Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Lake Trail

White Violet



Water Hemlock

Showy Daisy or Aspen Daisy



Wild Hollyhock

Sticky Cinquefoil

Pyrola



Parrot's Beak



Cannot figure out what caused all of these Aspens to bend over.



Loved this view of Crested Butte
Green Lake is what this trail is named, but I had no intention of hiking the 5+ miles to the lake just to see it. I was really just trying to find some new flowers to photograph. It turns out that the lake must be the highlight of this trail because the part that I actually saw was quite boring. This was the most uninteresting walk I have been on so far. I guess I'm not the "wander through the forest" kind of person. The most exciting thing that happened was scaring up a HUGE Elk with my bear bell that I wear faithfully while I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment