Monday, July 11, 2011

Judd Falls

Hallie looked funny in her daddy's raincoat

Judd Falls roaring with tons of water this year





Shooting Star...a new flower for me this year



Larkspur

Bluebells

an impromptu waterfall from the snowmelt



Glacier Lilies near Emerald Lake


Even with the threat of rain, we decided to take a chance on hiking up to Judd Falls. The road was deeply rutted and we weren't able to drive all the way up to the trail head, but it just meant a little extra walking. Sure enough, we weren't on the trail very long before the rain started. Hallie did not have a raincoat, so Danny gave her his. She looked so funny because it was so big and it made her look like she wasn't wearing anything underneath. Even funnier was watching Danny walk with a little girlie looking umbrella. I wish I had taken a picture of that! We made it to the Falls without incident and were amazed at the volume of water running this year. The noise was thunderous. My little chipmunk friend from last year was there, but didn't stick around when he saw that I didn't have anything to give him. I think I'm going to have to start carrying unsalted sunflower seeds for my little friends. We drove up Gothic Road and tried to go to Emerald Lake, but the road was blocked with snow and ice. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment