Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lower Loop



Daisies are everywhere right now. They make me think of my mother in law. Her name "Marguerite" means daisy in French and it was her favorite flower.

Wild Geranium...these come in shades from white to purple



Rosy Pussytoes

This is something new I've seen here. People paddling along on surfboards

Prairie Smoke

Prairie Smoke that has gone to fruit looks like Dr Seuss Truffula Trees

Prairie Smoke

Twinberry

One of my favorite spots

The Slate River has flowed over the trail. Later down the trail, it was completely covered

Bistort

Sulphur Buckwheat

Death Camas....so named because it is very poisonous



With views this beautiful, who wouldn't want to walk here?

Elephant Head or Little Pink Elephants

Elephant Head

Blue-Eyed Grass

Bitter Cress or Brook Cress

Wallflower

Finding my way back to the trailhead

Yellow Monkeyflower

Mountain Harebell or Bellflower





Sneezeweed

Butter and Eggs

Cute little mama chipmunk and her baby

I love this sign...what a cool idea

Not exactly sure what this is but it gets my attention every time

2 1/2 hours of trail walking = ice cream....yum
I walked the Lower Loop trail by myself. And because I walked it by myself, I got lost. Let's just say I'm directionally challenged. In my defense, the Slate River is running high and fast and has washed over part of the trail. This confused me and I was unable to find where the trail connected to form the loop. I'm just going to have to wait to walk this again with Danny. I spent 2 1/2 hours walking on this trail and was absolutely exhausted when I got home. Also, there was rain threatening all around me and I didn't bring my raincoat! Thank goodness I just got sprinkled on. Despite my inability to follow a trail, I really do enjoy the beauty of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment