Monday, July 11, 2011

Wildflower Festival Photography Morning

Columbine dripping with dew



I love the backs of these flowers. Notice the little drops at the ends.

I think I was the only person that was interested in the lichen on the rock

I think this is Chainpod





American Vetch dripping with dew

Penstemon

It's a visual treat to find Columbine under Aspens

Penstemon

Scarlet Gilia or Fairy Trumpet

Penstemon

One of many types of Sunflowers

Red Clover

Paradise Divide in the background against a cloudy sky

Wild Blue Flax



Lupine




Crested Butte is the Wildflower Capital of Colorado and they have an annual Wildflower Festival. There are a lot of different classes and tours that you can take during the week of the Wildflower Festival. I arranged for a photography class with a local photographer, Rebecca Weil of Third Eye Photography. Our class met at the school at 6 a.m. and headed out to a local trail, Woods Walk. The dew was heavy on the flowers as the sun came up and there were more Columbine there than last year. In fact, the area was loaded with Columbine! Last year I had to hunt for Columbine. For the next three hours, we spent our time together as a class learning about depth of field and composition and she turned us loose on the flowers. It was really fun! I'm looking forward to attending more classes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment